The Platform Team
The Platform Team is a product enabler. We provide the tools to deliver products faster, securely, and with resilience. We ensure reliability, scalability, and security in Domino's offerings and enforce governance, security, and compliance in all the development processes.
Not familiar with Domino Data Lab?
Learn more about us on our careers page
Top questions we get asked by candidates
What problems are your team solving?
Which company value resonates with you most?
What it's like working on the Platform team
Team size and roles
- Identity & Secret Management: owns user identity management, authorization and permissions model, user licensing restrictions, activity reports, and secrets management. Members of this team are mainly focused on the backend application side of Domino, and some underlying infrastructure as well.
- Control team: owns two different product areas. The first is about Domino administration, cost management and governance controls, and the second is enterprise workflow automation using REST API, proprietary command line client and open source libraries. Members of this team work on the backend and frontend side of Domino.
- Developer Productivity: seeks to continuously advance engineering efficiency by focusing on improving developer environments, build-and-release processes, time-saving automation tooling, and quality-enhancing frameworks.
- Distributions: owns the goal of defining and implementing how the Domino Platform is packaged and distributed.
- Platform services: is a cross-functional team consisting of highly skilled software developers and architects. With a broad and deep skillset, we work on services that are used across the entire Platform. We write critical code that the organization depends on when delivering customer-facing applications.
Remote Work Policy
- We embrace a hybrid approach (mix of in-office and work-from-home).
Other frequently asked questions
How does the team recognize good work?
For the team to be more effective, what needs to improve?
How much agency or impact does each individual engineer have on the team?
How have you grown since joining Domino?
What are the hours like and is remote work permitted?
What challenges are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
What does an average day look like on the Platform team?
What have you learned since joining Domino?
What moment are you in as a team?
What products do you deliver to customers?
How much do candidates need to know about the industry?
How should candidates prepare for interviews?
Why do people stay at Domino?
How Domino Data Lab’s Solutions Architects Are Building the Future of Data Science
Whether helping to develop more effective drugs or providing cheaper health insurance, data science is an indisputable game-changer at the intersection of business and technology. As a staff solutions architect at Domino Data Lab, Nick Jablonski is directly empowering data scientists to solve the world’s most worthy challenges. Below, he discusses his role in the company and how team members have an opportunity to make a big impact.
Domino scales data science and its value with a centralized, modern platform that data scientists love and IT administrators trust. The result? Data science is unleashed to deliver transformative value across your organization and to your customers.
Win with us
Are you a driven self-starter with low ego and a high degree of ownership? We want to hear from you.
Resources to learn more about Domino
Read our blog
Read our company blog to discover more.
Meet our founders
Check out the story of how Domino was founded here.
Read in Wall Street Journal how Domino raised $100M.